Pictet Asset Management
Pictet Asset Management (PAM) is a specialist asset manager offering investment solutions and services to investors around the world. Their mission is to build lasting partnerships with their clients by exceeding their expectations for investment performance and service.
PAM provides specialist investment services through segregated accounts and investment funds to some of the world’s largest pension funds, financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds, intermediaries and their clients.
Their business is investment led and centred around a long-term perspective with a dedication to client service. PAM’s aim is to be the investment partner of choice to their clients, which means giving them their undivided attention, offering pioneering strategies and being committed to excellence.
Reporting to the Global Head of Institutional based in London, the Head of institutional – Canada will play a critical role in PAM’s drive to further develop its business in Canada. This position is key to the mission of growing PAM’s assets under management in Canada.
The institutional sales team in Montreal is currently made up of professionals who prospect and service clients throughout Canada by marketing PAM’s expertise in institutional investment management strategies.
- Prospecting clients, by setting up a prospect contact programme.
- Expanding existing client relationships.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with investment consultants to help build their understanding of the PAM value proposition.
- Leading and developing the existing team covering Canada.
- Identifying appropriate conference sponsorships and speaking engagement opportunities to grow the PAM brand and its exposure in Canada, as well as to showcase relevant investment capabilities.
- Working closely with internal investment and marketing colleagues, as well as with relevant Canadian institutional publications, to develop relevant sponsored content and thought pieces.
- Working closely with colleagues to gain an in-depth understanding of PAM’s Institutional offering.
- Building a solid working relationship with relationship managers, portfolio managers, client service personnel and product developers.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- A university degree in Economics or Finance, or an equivalent qualification.
- CFA certification would be an asset.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in financial services as an investment consultant or in an institutional sales or relationship management role.
- Advanced knowledge of financial markets.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English. Excellent command of a second language (French) would be an asset.
- In-depth market knowledge and detailed understanding of the Canadian institutional asset management industry. Good knowledge of governments, pension funds, corporations, institutions, endowments and foundations will also be required.
- A genuine team player and effective influencer, who is able to motivate others, and actively contribute to the broader organisation.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for the next step in the process will be contacted.