Grindstone Capital is an international holding company that supports entrepreneurs in achieving their online business dreams.
From website creation and payment processing, to marketing and advertising, Grindstone’s portfolio companies work in synergy to remove all technical barriers faced by the modern business owner. By providing the essential building blocks, innovative automation tools and the right data, Grindstone allows entrepreneurs to focus their energy on what they do best: growing their businesses, fast.
Since 2010, Grindstone has assembled a powerful roster of digital technology companies employing more than 300 people across five countries. Having already developed market-leading products in the fields of performance marketing, digital entertainment and more, the company is now striving to invest into the iGaming, e-commerce and payments industries. Grindstone’s ultimate goal is to be recognized as the leading one-stop-shop technology-driven solution used by online business owners.
Grindstone is experiencing sustained growth and is looking for a Manager of Human Resources who will be the guardian of the company’s core asset: its people. The incumbent will quickly establish credibility, will develop trusting relationships across all levels and will provide expertise in the following areas: recruitment, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development and data analysis.
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the HR Manager acts as a business partner in the day-to-day talent and culture issues that are typical to a technology company, such as attraction, retention and development of people. The HR Manager works closely with the greater HR team to define and implement programs that aim at driving organizational performance and at making Grindstone Capital and its companies an Employer of Choice.
- As a business partner to Managers and right hand to the Head of Human Resources, help define the talent needs for the company and participate in building team structures;
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process and fill critical roles for specific companies, providing candidates with an unparalleled experience that reflects the company’s values;
- Mentor and coach a Talent Acquisition Specialist;
- Conduct onboarding and employee orientation activities to foster positive orientation of new hires;
- Prepare HR notices and related documentation, conduct exit interviews and provide periodic reports to Hiring Managers and Head of Human Resources.
- Champion the Performance Management Plans (PMP) process to ensure effectiveness and compliance while creating sustainable solutions for Manager, team and individual challenges by introducing innovative and engaging coaching techniques;
- Create and maintain employee career pathing (job descriptions for next level up, necessary training to move to the next position, etc).
Compensation and Benefits
- Manage group insurance (including EAP Program), liaise with plan administrator and lead analysis for periodic reviews of benefit package in line with industry trends; ensure communication rollout as appropriate;
- Coordinate employee transfer/relocation;
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and company guidelines;
- Assist in annual payroll budget reviews and other related departmental budgets;
- Assist in annual review process and manage pay equity exercise with external support;
- Mentor and coach Human Resources, Payroll and Benefits Coordinator.
Learning and Development
- Build strong relationships with the organization in order to communicate and align human resources strategies to evolving business needs;
- Support the Head of HR in the implementation of strategies and corporate projects that support the growth of the organization;
- Identify corporate training programs and conduct relevant research to address training needs;
- Actively support the identification of gaps in knowledge and skill set within the company and recommend action plans to develop in these areas;
- Monitor and ensure all training programs are documented and evaluated;
- Brainstorm ways to promote internal learning / development training and knowledge sharing within the organization.
Policies and Procedures
- Define, manage and help evolve human resources company policies and procedures when necessary and align with best practices;
- Monitor compliance with the 1% training law in Quebec;
- Keep abreast of provincial employment legislation;
- Maintain a variety of records including but not limited to insurance, performance reviews, government reporting, hires, promotions, transfers, terminations.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Psychology;
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in a Human Resources generalist, management or business partner role with dominant strengths in talent acquisition and compensation & benefits;
- Business experience in technology environments or E-commerce industry is a definite asset;
- Proven ability to manage a small team of Human Resources professionals;
- Thorough understanding of modern and innovative human resources principles and practices;
- Skilled communicator with a strong ability to build and nurture trusting relationships with leaders and employees and a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change;
- Highly energetic, passionate, resourceful and flexible professional who is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial and very dynamic environment;
- Strong project management skills;
- “Hands-on” approach;
- Sound judgement with the ability to make timely and effective decisions;
- Be welcoming to change of priorities and projects while demonstrating composure, confidence and humility at all times.
We will only communicate with the candidates that meet the search criteria.